Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Why Another Blog?


What you will find here is the process by which I try to make sense out of the world.  Everything posted here will be a work in progress. (I'd like to reduce the chances of having to deal with the occasional Troll, so comments are disabled.) I'm not an anonymous Internet entity, so you can find me elsewhere if you feel you really need to comment on something posted here.

Sometimes I say things that once I have said them, I change my thoughts on the same. Sometimes I say things I wish I had never let out of my mouth. Sometimes I say things that cover one aspect of an issue on the way to giving a more complete picture of what I think/believe/feel. Throughout my life I've had a tendency to go off on a dozen tangents before finally getting to my "point." My writing, however, tends to be a little easier to follow than my speaking. 

(Please note I said "easier," not necessarily easy.)

There will be posts where I share links to videos, or articles, or other resources, not because I agree with everything in them, but because they play a part in how I work through things. Elsewhere I might engage in talking about how I feel about other people, but here it will be a personal journey, looking at my own fallacies, biases, actions (healthy and unhealthy,) and struggles.

I am not looking to give anyone "answers" on anything. If I say I believe something, I do. That does not mean I am correct in my belief, simply that I believe it at the time I say I do. My life has been a journey of changing my mind as I am introduced to new information, being helped to look at old information differently, or gaining a better understanding as to how my own biases have shaped what I thought was an unbiased interpretation of the known data. 

Nothing here is meant to suggest I am better than someone else. If you wish to look for something negative to pin on me, you will find it.  

I can't make people focus on where my journey is taking me. Some seem far more intent on judging others by where they came from and not on where they are going. I have been guilty of that as well. I have said stupid things I wish I had never said. I have done things I wish I had never done. I can't erase my past, simply learn from it and do differently now. I can also continue to work on letting you do the same.


It is my hope that someone, somewhere, might benefit from reading where I have come from, how I got here, and how I process information to figure out what I think about the way the world is evolving. If nothing else, I hope writing it all down helps me move forward.




(Of course there is always the possibility that I will leave you feeling more befuddled than when you started. If that happens, odds are I am as well.)


P.S. I know there are folks who get their "happiness" by seeking to mess with other people's stuff. Someone might be able to hack my blog and post things that I hope I would not say, think, or post. I ask, if anything ever appears here that seems to be out of context to everything else, that you extend to me the benefit of the doubt and allow me time to address it. Thank you.


P.P.S. When I use terminology that might not be clear as to the specific definition I am using for it, I will clarify.